Learn how to set up a fence.
To start a ground mount project, we usually start by creating a fence around our project.
- Locate the fence option by opening "Cable & Civil" in the string mapping section.
- This opens a new ribbon. Select "Fence" in the civil works section to open its options.
How to set up a fence
Option 1 : draw the fence manually
- In civil works select the fence option
- You will need to select the starting point and then click through the model space to keep adding points until the desired shape has been reached.
- By pressing enter the first and last created point will connect and finalize the fence.
- You also have some different options in creating your fence, for example Arcs. These will appear on the command line.
Option 2: convert a polyline into a fence
- Select the convert to fence option.
- Select a polyline which you want to convert into a fence.
After setting up the fence for your project, you can also change the line type or color.
- Navigate to the home ribbon of AutoCAD and select layer properties in the layers section.
- This will open a pop-up where you can change the type, weight, and color of the fence.
To change the linetype you must select the linetype of the civil fence layer. This will open another popup window.
Here you can choose one of the existing linetypes or load a new one.
Press load and select the preferred linetype and press ok to load it into the project.
Now you can again select the chosen linetype and press ok to adjust your changes.